Thursday, June 17, 2010

In a blink

I am sitting in a coffee house. Everyone is still and looking at each other without any emotions. None. I don't remember whether I have placed my order or not. I decide to wait for some time till someone comes and asks what I please to have this evening. Courtesy. But the waiters are just sitting and staring at everyone with the same emotionless emotion. I am thinking of waving my hand or share a glance with some waiter. But, I can't. I just can't. My mind refuses to do that.

Slowly, my vision is turning hazy and I can't see any thing properly. Just the wavy outlines are the part of my vision. The silhouettes are also getting dimmer now. I am scared to blink. But, I can't resist as my eyes have become watery. Is this why everyone seems hazy?? Should I blink?? What if I don't see anyone after I blink. This is my only option - to keep not blinking and at least be satisfied that people are still here.

I am deciding whether to blink or not. But the inevitable happens and I blink. I could clearly listen to the flutter of my eye lid. And now no one is here. I am just sitting alone in this cafe. I have a cup of coffee on my table now. In bewilderment I try and see who brought my order (I don't even remember I had placed an order).

No one is there. Nevertheless, I am drinking my coffee. In a minute or so I finish the coffee and head for the door to walk out of this weird coffee house.

As I open the door, I see the whole place is filled with people - people sitting on their coffee table. Their eyes closed and and about to open. Soon.

5 comments:

S said...

:) ur best so far according to me..
keep writing.. :)

Ravi Mantwal said...

Sahi hai... :-D

chloe said...

Defntly the icing dude. Hope wn i open my eyes agn,a new post will be here....let it lose!!!

Unknown said...

Wish blogspot had a 'SUPER LIKE' Button :))

Belusurdas said...

Kafkaesque...